AI in Content Marketing: How AI is Changing Small Business Marketing
Content marketing is a strategy that has proven to beneficial for small businesses for a long time but the challenge has always been remaining competitive against bigger players in the market. This challenge for small business marketing exists because of limited marketing budgets, inconsistent content marketing, staffing constraints, time management and much more.
Here's how AI can help small business content marketing:
- Simplifying Content Creation: AI tools can produce almost any content type that you could think of, from blog posts to social media updates, at scale and speed. For small business marketing, this is a gamechanger. 51% of small business in 2022 stated that limited time and staffing is the biggest content marketing hurdle. Well, this means that the use of AI in small business marketing can deliver levels of consistency that have been unattainable for small business in the past unless they had the budget to outsource their marketing or hire in-house marketers.
- Cost-Effectiveness: For small businesses with limited budgets, AI offers an affordable way to scale up their content marketing efforts. By automating the time-consuming tasks like ideating content ideas and writing, AI in content marketing can allow businesses to focus their time elsewhere and make the most out of their resources.
- Scalability: One of the most significant advantages of AI in content marketing is its scalability. As your business grows, your AI toolkit can grow with it, therefor accommodating for a larger customer base and need of greater content marketing distribution. What does this mean? this means that businesses can deliver consistent content marketing quality, irrespective of the size.
- Personalisation at it's best: In the current marketing landscape, personalisation in content is a key differentiator, especially for business to consumer brands. AI can help small businesses analyse consumer behaviours, data and preferences to deliver tailored content to each consumer. This means that AI for small business marketing has opened up a door for companies that traditionally would have limited time, resource, and budget to provide unique experiences for their customers, which can dramatically increase engagement and conversion rates.
How do you get started using AI in your content marketing?
You have probally heard by now of the many ways that AI for small business marketing can drastically help enhance your productivity, but the practical question now is 'where do I get started?'. Here are some steps that you can take to quickly find the most integral use cases for AI in your marketing.
- Make a list of all of the marketing activities that you do: Write down all the task that you or a member of your team is responsible for in your marketing efforts.
- Estimate the time it takes to complete each task and an importance rating of each task: Next to each marketing task, write down how long you think it takes to complete the task and the level of importance it delivers in your overall strategy.
- Rank the list: From the longest and least important task, rank them downwards. You will soon be able to recognise which marketing tasks are overly time-consuming and not delivering the results you need.
- Prioritise the top 3 tasks: These are your most important use cases where you can use AI in your content marketing. This will help you be more efficient, productive, and ultimately deliver better outcomes.
For example, if content writing and distribution on your social media channels was a task you have identified, consider looking at AI content marketing tools such as:
- Discovry - www.discovry.co.uk - Simplified marketing for small businesses. AI-generated content that captures your brand and audience, collaborative workflows to work with your team, and automated social media scheduling, all under one roof.
- Jasper AI - www.jasper.ai - AI writing tool designed to generate marketing copy such as blog posts, product descriptions, company bios, and social media captions.
- ChatGPT - www.chat.openai.com - An AI chatbot that uses natural language processing to create humanlike conversational dialogue. The language model can compose various types of written content.
Wrap Up: AI in Content Marketing Helps Small Businesses Become More Competitive Than Ever Before
AI will help you save time, improve efficiency, and fly through many tasks in an automated fashion that you have probally been doing manually for as long as you have been doing marketing.
Content marketing is only growing, and it is now growing alongside AI. Small businesses need to view this as an opportunity to help close the gap between large enterprises and small companies in the digital realm and ultimately grow their brand more effectively.
Besides, it is important to keep in mind that AI in content marketing has an abundance of benefits, but it is critical to not overlook the importance of keeping a human in the loop, whether that be yourself, colleagues, proof-readers and so on. It is the tools that combine the human touch with AI that you should be keeping your eyes peeled for.
If you are interested, you can give Discovry a go for an extremely low price of £15 a month. Including all of the AI content marketing benefits above that we have discussed, witness the unparalled results that can be acheived by small businesses when AI and humans come together in marketing - www.discovry.co.uk.